- Our program is designed to provide deep insights into the opportunities and challenges faced by global supply chain professionals in different countries and cultures. Through course lectures, student-led discussion, guest speakers, and a 10 day long intensive session to visit companies in the Los Angeles region, the course offers a rich environment to learn about how global/domestic supply chains work.
- It will focus on what is necessary to run a successful supply chain overseas through a thorough case study of Los Angeles and how infrastructure, regulatory compliance/CSR, Transportation Network Design, and integration affect the country’s economy and facilitate business effectiveness.
There are two phases:
Phase I – Morning Classroom Sessions
A set of ten pre-site visit classes will take place to introduce you to core topics of supply chain management.
Phase II – Afternoon Experiential Company Visits
- Develop leadership skills
- Enhance communication skills
- Experiential learning – Company Visits
- Leaning strategies used to add value
- Identifying the position of different supply chain organizations and the key challenges and opportunities they face
- Meeting client’s needs
- World class supply chain faculty
Who should attend?
- Our program is designed for international executives and managers who seek to gain hands-on and experiential approach to learning about the procurement, sourcing, manufacturing, transportation, distribution, and retail sectors of the global supply chain field.
- Our center has a state-of-the-art classroom with a 60-seat capacity as well as multiple conference rooms for breakout sessions.
- All rooms are equipped with Cisco teleconferencing equipment, document reader, presenter and two lecterns with HDMI and VGA end ports.
- There are 24 movable training tables and each with power connectors.
- The Center is located two miles north of the University Park Campus in one of Los Angeles’ largest high rises (former AT&T Building) just blocks from L.A. Live and the Staples Center. The City Center offers expansive city views of downtown Los Angeles, a 500-seat auditorium, retail shops and a food court.
Cost of Attendance: Cost will be based on course information and program duration for more information please contact us using the information below.
Duration: Ten Days (these programs can be customized for students, and are subject to change)
USC Marshall Center for Global Supply Chain Management
1150 S. Olive Street, Suite 950
Los Angeles, CA