Supply Chain Digital Transformation Hackathon
Business innovators and student developers are invited to compete in a 24-hour hackathon. Cash prizes totaling $15,000 (First Place $7,500; Second Place $5,000; Third Place $2,500) will be awarded at the Closing Ceremony on Sunday afternoon, August 6.
The competition will be held at the USC Marshall School’s Fertitta Hall from Saturday morning, August 5 until Sunday morning, August 6. Teams will be required to pitch/demo their projects to our judges to be eligible for a prize. Prior knowledge of supply chain technology is helpful, but not required for competitors as subject matter experts will provide guidance and instruction.
Food and refreshments will be provided on site during the competition.
Saturday, August 5 – Day 1: Hackathon (Competition), USC Fertitta Hall
|8:00 am||Team check in / Continental Breakfast|
|9:00 am||Hackathon Kickoff/ Team Formation and Registration|
|10:00 am||Hacking Begins|
|12:00 pm||Lunch Service|
|6:00 pm||Dinner Service|
|12:00 am||Midnight Snack|
Sunday, August 6 – Day 2: Hackathon (Competition and Award Ceremony), USC Fertitta Hall
|6:00 am||Breakfast Service|
|9:30 am||30 minute Warning to End of Competition|
|10:00 am||End of Hackathon|
|10:00 am||Team Presentations/Demos Begin|
|12:00 pm||Lunch Service|
|12:30 pm||Team Presentation/Demos|
|1:00 pm||Judges Deliberations|
|2:00 pm||Announcement of Competition Results / Award Ceremony|
|2:30 pm||Closing Remarks / End of Event|
*subject to change
Los Angeles, CA 90089
Competition Rules for Hackathon
- All teams are required to sign the team sheet. Suggested team size is 4-5 people max and cross-functional.No additional names shall be added after Saturday Aug 5, 2017 at 09:00 am PST. Exceptions will be allowed only in extreme cases and at the discretion of the Competition Director.
- Teams, with all team members, must be present at the venue at least once on Saturday, August 5, 2017. Failure to appear shall result in disqualification. Winning teams must be present at the venue for all proceedings on Sunday, August 6.
- Final projects/presentations must be submitted by 10:00 am PST on Sunday, August 6, 2017. The submission must include a description and screenshots. All teams shall submit as a PDF and a PPT Deck to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, note the team name.
- We will provide the names and contact information for designated volunteer supply chain experts who will be available to provide technical assistance and answer questions in advance of, and during, the hackathon (stay tuned).
- On Sunday, August 6, 2017 you must be at the venue by 12:00 am PST in order to set up for the judging.
- Judges will go around to each team (Science Fair – Style). Teams will present and demonstrate their projects to the judges only.
- Judges will select 3 finalists. Those 3 finalists will present to the entire group.
- There will be a 1st, 2nd& 3rd place winner, with cash prizes to be awarded ($7500, $5000, $2500)
All prize details will be determined by The Sponsor, the USC Marshall Center for Global Supply Chain Management, in its sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of winners. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted by winner.If a prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from The Sponsor,as determined by The Sponsor in its sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries at The Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Your team’s Submission may be disqualified if the Sponsor has reason to believe, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, that your Submission
(a) contains any element that is malicious, corrupt, damaged,incomplete, inappropriate,or offensive;
(c) infringes any third party intellectual property rights;
(d) violates any applicable law or
(e) violates or does not comply with any section of this Participation Agreement.
You and/or your entire team may be disqualified for any of the following actions, with or without warning, in The Sponsor’s sole discretion:
(i) verbal abuse of another participant or Hackathon staff;
(ii) inappropriate touching or harming of another participant or Hackathon staff;
(iii) breach of the Hackathon Participant Agreement or any other agreement entered into in connection with the Hackathon;
(iv) violation of or non-compliance with any section of this Participation Agreement or
(v) violating the spirit of the Hackathon.
If the Sponsor has reason to believe that you or your team has compromised the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Hackathon, or has attempted to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Hackathon, including, without limitation, by cheating, hacking, creating a malicious bot or other automated programs, or by committing fraud in any way, your If during the Hackathon, any Hackathon staff has reason to believe that your health is in danger, you may be required to discontinue your participation in the Hackathon and asked to seek immediate medical assistance. Your teammates, if any, may continue participating in the Hackathon if they so choose.
All disqualification decisions are final and not subject to appeal.